Friday, August 31, 2007

Courage (SGD$45/USD$27.30) - RESERVED

Bling-mix: Coral and Freshwater Pearl Beads
Bling "hardware": Bronzetone Metal Frame with Glass; Bronzetone Metal Chain
Dimensions: Pendant measures 1 1/2 inches long; Chain is 18 inches long

And here is "Courage" in its final form :-)

I decided to keep things relatively simple to keep the focus on the image of the gorgeous woman with the slightly pensive expression (it's all in the eyes ... oh, those eyes).

Beads of red coral and warm sunshine gold freshwater pearl are the only accents and the colour scheme continues on in the necklace portion as well.

The inspirational quote by e e cummings at the back of the pendant reads: "it takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are".

I LOVE this quote. I love that it reminds us to be true to oneself and be ourselves instead of trying to be someone else.

It's a life lesson I hope I'm able to pass on to the little one. When I was growing up, I remember wishing I were this person or that person or had these features or that features or had this talent or that talent.

But as life taught its lessons, I became more and more comfortable in my own skin and have learnt to explore what I'm good at or what I like to do. And it has been a really good learning journey so far!

Yeah, there are times I still wish things were different about me, but on the whole, I'm learning that it's best to be just you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the end product! The bronzetone metalware picks up the color of the picture perfectly!

Simone said...

Thanks a lot, Chev :)))))

abowlofbeads said...

Love the colour of the corals and pearls used! Just perfect!

Simone said...

Thanks soooo much :-))