Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Beads, Beads, Beads!

OK, today is flood-the-blog-with-photos day :))

A little over a year ago, I acquired my first collection of polymer clay beads from the wonderfully talented (and humble) Karin. I still have that stash because they're just too lovely to use up.

Not many people in Singapore made or used these beads then, but they're all over the place now, thanks to the blossoming creative scene.

So after hesitating forever, I FINALLY acquired some more beads from Karin some time ago and they arrived yesterday!!!! Feast your eyes ..... Aren't they GORGEOUS! I just love their detailing and quality. I know Karin spends days just refining them, grinding (using multiple grits), buffing (not just by hand but by machine as well) and lacquering. And I also know that she uses quality raw materials which are not commonly available in art shops here.

I know 'cos I had experimented with the medium, did tons of research and then decided that I'd just acquire these works of art from the true experts instead of doing something half-baked (pun fully intended) myself! Hahahhahaha!

Now the problem is, I will probably spend hours and hours just admiring and looking at these beads instead of using them in creations! Hahahahhaha!

I *heart* you, Karin!

4 comments:

Kamoe said...

It is always a pleasure for me that the beads enjoy the owner and I sure know, they find a good home at you ;-))

Simone said...

Thanks SO MUCH, Karin! I will certainly enjoy your beads A LOT.

W said...

Hello!
I absolutely agree with you! The clay beads are so pretty and whenever i want more, they're either sold out or reserved. Ok, maybe i am slow, haha. ;) You bought the ones i liked!

Simone said...

Hi Wen! I was really lucky with this batch and caught them in time :))))