Monday, August 27, 2007

Leap! (SGD$37/USD$22.40) RESERVED

Bling-mix: Carnelian bead and Swarovski crystal
Bling "hardware": Brass (nickel-free) butterfly charm; Chain is bronzetone metal
Dimensions: Pendant is almost 6 cm long; Necklace is 18 inches long

Look out for more creations with vintage-look showgirls as I managed to get my hands on a bunch of images of the sassy ladies.

Here is the first of the images and I just could not resist playing around with sandpaper and ink to give it an even more weathered look.

I then preserved the image with multiple layers of matt glaze which took a lot of patience (not my strong suit) because you have to wait for each coat to dry before applying the next.

The spunky lady is clad in a two-piece turquoise and yellow outfit (tame by today's standards) and sports an interesting headpiece.

In keeping with the showgirl theme of being bold and daring, I chose a quote I hope captures that can-do spirit.

The back reads: "Leap and the net will appear".

It's a Japanese proverb about taking chances.

Accents are kept relatively simple -- just a brass (nickel-free) butterfly charm with little danglies of carnelian and Swarovski crystal.

No comments: